Book signings can be a daunting affair for an author. I’m still haunted by the anecdote one store manager told me about a celebrity (a household name) who was booked in for a signing to promote his autobiography. They hired crash barriers in anticipation of the grand event . . . and two people turned up. I’m happy to say that significantly more than two people turned up at my signings in Liverpool and Ormskirk at the weekend – and it was fantastic to meet all those who came along. If you couldn’t make it this time, I’ll be bringing news of some pre-Mother’s day signings soon – so watch this space.
Latest NewsGlitterati: Three authors, one 5* hotel, quite a bit of champagne.
Click here to read about our event
- Against all the odds, the couronne worked! http://t.co/xikVdegbBP, 12 hours ago
- @jaustenrulesok It's exhausting!, 13 hours ago
- So many kids' presents left to wrap I'm now taking inspiration from woman in takeaway down the road preparing an order of cod & chips, 13 hours ago
- @karamina what a good idea!, 13 hours ago
- @Ben_Blackman Oh Ben, what are we going to do with you? (Though The Waitresses were ace, I'll give you that), 13 hours ago