Book signings can be a daunting affair for an author. I’m still haunted by the anecdote one store manager told me about a celebrity (a household name) who was booked in for a signing to promote his autobiography. They hired crash barriers in anticipation of the grand event . . . and two people turned up. I’m happy to say that significantly more than two people turned up at my signings in Liverpool and Ormskirk at the weekend – and it was fantastic to meet all those who came along. If you couldn’t make it this time, I’ll be bringing news of some pre-Mother’s day signings soon – so watch this space.
Latest NewsGlitterati: Three authors, one 5* hotel, quite a bit of champagne.
Click here to read about our event
- @samanthafergus4 Will give that a go - tried apple juice but it's so overpoweringly foul-tasting, he sprayed it across the kitchen!, 2 hours ago
- Whoever thought it was a good idea to make antibiotics sugar free for kids should see the fit my toddler throws when we attempt to give them, 3 hours ago
- What's wrong with people power? Good piece about the ungracious response to @KimCatrall & Sefton Meadows. http://t.co/dd8j2NTllN, 14 hours ago
- I was feeling mildly relaxed until Kendra v. Edwina kicked off,
- RT @Ben_Blackman: Right then, Mrs B out working @verynicethings Christmas Wreath Workshops for afternoon so http://t.co/nuIabkvSjG,