Book signings can be a daunting affair for an author. I’m still haunted by the anecdote one store manager told me about a celebrity (a household name) who was booked in for a signing to promote his autobiography. They hired crash barriers in anticipation of the grand event . . . and two people turned up. I’m happy to say that significantly more than two people turned up at my signings in Liverpool and Ormskirk at the weekend – and it was fantastic to meet all those who came along. If you couldn’t make it this time, I’ll be bringing news of some pre-Mother’s day signings soon – so watch this space.
Latest NewsGlitterati: Three authors, one 5* hotel, quite a bit of champagne.
Click here to read about our event
- RT @KimCattrall: Spent the afternoon in @SaveSeftonParkM I wasn't alone. Lots of people about on this glorious day. http://t.co/zsacbEo4vG, 6 hours ago
- @alisoncooney It's amazing, isn't it? She's fab!, 6 hours ago
- SATC fans: Have a look at who's supporting a little community campaign near my sons' school https://t.co/kUNrge2XJA, 6 hours ago
- It took 20 years to obliterate the memory of this song . . . thanks #Strictly #Macarena, 7 hours ago
- Strictly, wine and a night in by myself to do some wedding planning. I am about to melt Pinterest . . ., 7 hours ago