Book signings can be a daunting affair for an author. I’m still haunted by the anecdote one store manager told me about a celebrity (a household name) who was booked in for a signing to promote his autobiography. They hired crash barriers in anticipation of the grand event . . . and two people turned up. I’m happy to say that significantly more than two people turned up at my signings in Liverpool and Ormskirk at the weekend – and it was fantastic to meet all those who came along. If you couldn’t make it this time, I’ll be bringing news of some pre-Mother’s day signings soon – so watch this space.
Latest NewsGlitterati: Three authors, one 5* hotel, quite a bit of champagne.
Click here to read about our event
- RT @BookMinxSJV: On the Book of Faces? Coming to our @TeamBATC Creative Writing Masterclass? https://t.co/rTBVmj1iCa JOIN the event! http://t.co/HFjYv89vsz, 8 hours ago
- @lisajewelluk @HHLiteraryFest I should add that I thought the UK ending as it stood was great; v. difficult one to play I'm guessing..., 9 hours ago
- @lisajewelluk @HHLiteraryFest Definitely. Do they all get to go and kick him in the shins every so often too?, 10 hours ago
- @lisajewelluk @HHLiteraryFest Yes, now, now, now! (I've never been one for deferred gratification). Wonder if it's what I wanted to happen.?, 11 hours ago
- @LostInMuzic great stuff - you got a signed one too!, 16 hours ago